While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Only the patient (your child) and 1 parent/guardian is to attend all appointments currently.
- Parent is required to wear a mask to all appointments.
- When you arrive to your child/ren’s appointment, we ask that you call/text us and we will call/text you to notify you when we are ready for the patient to check in. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer water, magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice!
We are all in this together :)